The CREDS Team
In October 2018 the Committee on Climate Change (CCC) launched a call for evidence on the UK and Devolved Administrations’ long-term targets for greenhouse gas emissions and the UK’s transition to a net zero-carbon economy.
Summary of our response
CREDS provided a co-ordinated response that addressed issues including:
- Delivering net-zero emissions by taking account of emissions embodied in UK consumption
- Using demand-side changes to tackle hard-to-decarbonise sectors
- The opportunities for low-carbon innovation
- Enabling lower-carbon lifestyles by supporting behaviour change
- Developing ambitious and flexible policy structures
- Further action in the Devolved Administrations.
Banner photo credit: Alireza Attari on Unsplash