CREDS submitted a response to the call for evidence sent out by the Committee on Climate Change (CCC) on 7th December 2018. Read it here.
In October 2018 the Committee on Climate Change (CCC) launched a call for evidence on the UK and Devolved Administrations’ long-term targets for greenhouse gas emissions and the UK’s transition to a net zero-carbon economy.
Summary of our response
CREDS provided a co-ordinated response that addressed issues including:
- Delivering net-zero emissions by taking account of emissions embodied in UK consumption
- Using demand-side changes to tackle hard-to-decarbonise sectors
- The opportunities for low-carbon innovation
- Enabling lower-carbon lifestyles by supporting behaviour change
- Developing ambitious and flexible policy structures
- Further action in the Devolved Administrations.