As part of the CREDS award, we have a Flexible Fund, which we intend to use to fill research gaps and develop research capacity. This call is the first use of the Flexible Fund.
We are pleased to announce the CREDS Early Career Researchers Flexible Fund
As part of the CREDS award, we have a Flexible Fund, which we intend to use to fill research gaps and develop research capacity. This call is the first use of the Flexible Fund. It seeks to develop research capacity and support innovative research. It is restricted to supporting projects led by early career researchers, i.e. people active in energy research in the UK who have not previously led a project with funding exceeding £100k.
For details of eligibility, see page five of the full call document (pdf, 9 pages).
Projects may be of any size up to £200k (80% Full Economic Costs) and may be of any duration provide they conclude by 31stMarch 2023.
Call type: Single Stage Full proposals
- Closing date: 17th December 2019
- Funding Available: Up to £1 million of funding (at 80% Full Economic Costs) is available for this call. The maximum for a single project is £200k. There is a streamlined procedure for small projects of less than £20k.
- How to apply: This is a single stage process, open only to applicants who have not previously held an energy research grant exceeding £100k in size.
- Assessment Process: Full proposals will be reviewed by an independent panel.
- Guidance issued: 25 July 2019
- Webinar support: 26 September 2019
- Deadline for full bids: 17 December 2019
- Panel meeting: 18 February 2020
- Earliest start date: 1 April 2020
Support during the process
We will host a one hour webinar on 26th September which will be recorded and put on this page.
We are also offering proposal writing support through a mentoring circle. This will be demand led.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in either of these and title your email Early Career Researcher Flexible Fund Call.