University of Leeds
Dr Milena Buchs is an Associate Professor in Sustainability, Economics and Low Carbon Transitions at the Sustainability Research Institute, University of Leeds. For CREDS, she is working on the Excess Travel team, modelling high travel demand and identifying interventions for high travel demand reduction. This builds on her previous research on inequalities of consumption-based household carbon footprints, and distributional implications of carbon reduction policies.
- Public acceptance of post-growth: Factors and implications for post-growth strategy
- Implications of shrinking household sizes for meeting the 1.5°C climate targets
- How socially just are taxes on air travel and ‘frequent flyer levies’?
- Curbing excess: high energy consumption and the fair energy transition
- Sustainable welfare: How do universal basic income and universal basic services compare?
- Trends in air travel inequality in the UK: From the few to the many?
- HM Treasury – consultation on aviation tax reform
- A place-based carbon calculator for England
- The sustainability implications of single occupancy households
- Excess? Exploring social, structural and behavioural drivers of energy demand in areas of high combined energy consumption
Banner photo credit: Val Vesa on Unsplash