Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds
Greg is Professor of Transport Governance at the Institute for Transport Studies at the University of Leeds. He has researched issues surrounding the design and implementation of new policies for over 15 years covering a range of issues. Current work examines how the smart mobility transition will change how we think about what, how and who governs the mobility system. Research takes a multi-level governance perspective to understand implementation and has included studies on energy and climate change policy in transport in a range of international case studies.
He is currently chair of the Commission on Travel Demand, looking at how to deal with alternative demand futures. He is the Secretary General of the World Conference on Transport Research Society and the Chair of the Special Interest Group on Governance. He has served as an advisor to the House of Commons Transport Select Committee and regularly advises national and international governments.
- Less is more: Changing travel in a post-pandemic society
- Covid-19 TRANSAS: Understanding behaviour change with neighbourhood characteristics
- House of Lords Covid Committee: inquiry into the long-term impact of the pandemic on the UK’s towns and cities
- Report: At a crossroads – Travel adaptations during Covid-19 restrictions and where next?
- At a crossroads: Travel adaptations during Covid-19 restrictions and where next?
- LGA guidance on actions for transport in the climate emergency
- Decarbonising transport: The role of land use, localisation and accessibility
- Decarbonising transport: Climate smart parking policies
- Decarbonising transport: The role of buses
- Decarbonising transport: Growing cycle use
- Decarbonising transport: Getting carbon ambition right
- Decarbonising transport: Travelling less and the role of online opportunities
- Decarbonising transport: Accelerating the uptake of electric vehicles
- Consultation: connecting Oxford consultation
- Shared mobility – where now, where next? Second report of the Commission on Travel Demand
Banner photo credit: Val Vesa on Unsplash